First round a success; city to continue action against abandoned cars
Plaquemine is rid of 25 abandoned cars as a result of the first round of letters advising car or property owners to move them or face prosecution.
As of the October 13 deadline, the owners moved 22 of the cars and the towed the remaining three, City Inspector Brandon Melleion reported to the Board of Selectmen last week.
“This is the most successful car roundup since I've been here the last 10 years,” he told the POST/SOUTH.
When Melleion proposed the mailing last month, he said he wanted to target 88 junk cars. Since then, he said he has identified 50 or 60 more that need to be moved.
The city inspector said he would send out the next 25 letters by the end of the month.