Batiste sentences five to prison terms
District Judge Alvin Batiste Jr. last week sentenced a Port Allen woman to five years in prison after she pleaded guilty to 15 counts of theft and 31 counts of forgery, District Attorney Richard J. “Ricky” Ward Jr. reported.
Janecia Fountain, 21, of 758 California Avenue, Port Allen, was among 11 who entered guilty pleas in 18th Judicial District Court here, and among five Batiste sentenced to terms with the Louisiana Department of Corrections.
Judge Batiste also ordered a five-year sentence for Irvin Favorite, 24, of 13620 Walker, who pleaded guilty to introduction of contraband into a penal institution and to carnal knowledge of a juvenile.
The judge meted out 18-month sentences to Antonio Montgomery, 26, a prisoner at Hunt Correctional Center, who pleaded guilty to simple robbery, and to Reginald Tate, 41, of 38832 W. W. Harleaux, Plaquemine, who pleaded guilty to introduction of contraband into a penal institution.
Kelly Mosby, 55, of 10336 Bowie Street, Plaquemine drew a year's sentence after pleading guilty to attempted simple robbery.
Batiste ordered David May, 25, of 16441 South Harrels Ferry, Suite #2608, Baton Rouge, to serve five years of probation. May pleaded guilty to malfeasance in office and introduction of contraband to a penal institution.
He sentenced four others to three years of probation. They were listed as:
– Amber Armand, 33, of 1211 East Bonnie Street, Gonzales, for simple burglary.
– Colby Lewis, 18, of 15057 Pines Avenue, Baton Rouge, for simple burglary.
– Justin Smith, 18, of 7343 O'neal Road, Baton Rouge, for simple burglary.
– Jeremy James, 23, of 3754 Chris Drive, Addis, for assault by drive-by shooting.
– Norman Green, 26, of 8022 Jefferson Park, Baton Rouge, was sentenced to serve two years of probation for illegal possession of stolen firearms.
Assistant District Attorney Dana Larpenteur secured the plea agreements, Ward said.
The addresses listed were those of the defendants at the time of their arrests.