Man gets six years in pharmacy burglary
District Judge James J. Best last week sentenced a St. Gabriel man to 12 years in prison for simple burglary of a pharmacy, but suspended six years of the term, District Attorney Richard J. “Ricky” Ward Jr. reported.
Tyrone Butler, 30, of 610 Bayou Paul Lane, pleaded guilty to the burglary in 18th Judicial District Court.
In other recent court action, District Judge William C. Dupont sentenced 12 defendants who entered guilty pleas.
They included Jimmie Floyd, 47, of 40124 Larochelle Road, Prairieville, who pleaded guilty to theft over $500. Dupont sentenced Floyd to five years in prison, but suspended three years.
Jeffery Guillory, 45, an inmate at Hunt Correctional Center, pleaded guilty to obscenity and was sentenced to serve six months.
Judge Dupont ordered five years of probation for:
– Jerry Simon, 24, of 58150 Meriam Street, Plaquemine, who pleaded guilty to simple burglary.
– Kevin Evans, 48, of 7233 Guynell, Baton Rouge, theft valued over $500.
– James Dwight Nunn, 33, of 4273 Hebert Lane, Fordoche, monetary instrument abuse.
– Marcus Dumatrait, 24, of Breaux Bridge, two counts of obscenity.
– Floyd Pryer, 50 of 77485 McBay Driver, Grosse Tete, home improvement fraud.
The judge ordered three years of probation for Demichael Riley, 19, of 24821 Town Street, Plaquemine, convicted of simple burglary, and two years of probation for Robert Lee Cole, 33, of 58719 Allen Street, Plaquemine, convicted of illegal use of weapons or dangerous instrumentalities.
He ordered a year of probation for three others:
– Nicholas Hebert, 32, of 22570A West Street, Plaquemine, for prescription by fraud.
– David Heffner, 26, of 12493 K Avenue, Baton Rouge, for theft valued at over $500.
– Roderick Moultrie, 26, of 1234 Warfield Avenue, Baton Rouge, for theft valued at over $500.