Batiste sentences two to prison terms
District Judge Alvin Batiste Jr. last week sentenced Gerald Edwards, 46, of 57845 Lucky Street, Plaquemine, to five years with the Department of Corrections for simple burglary, District Attorney Richard J. “Ricky” Ward Jr. reported.
Batiste also sentenced Daniel Aughey, 39, to four years in prison for distribution of marijuana.
The two were among eight defendants who pleaded guilty before Batiste in 18th Judicial District Court last week.
The judge ordered the others to serve three years of probation. They were listed as:
– Terry Bourreaux, 32, of 58053 Chinn Street, Plaquemine, for possession of a Schedule II narcotic.
– Carlo Canova, 44, of 57720 Hynes Street, Plaquemine, for possession of cocaine.
– Charles Duncan, 62, of 32720 Bowie Street, Plaquemine, for three counts of possession of a Schedule II narcotic.
– Eshamera Moss, 31, of Tampa, Florida, possession with intent to distribute marijuana.
– Megan Brewer, 25, of 19640 Deer Creek Drive, Plaquemine, possession of Schedule II and Schedule IV narcotics.
– Tracy Burgess, 43, of 22800 La. 77, Grosse Tete, for theft valued over $500.
Assistant District Attorney Tim Collins obtained the plea agreements in the cases.
The addresses listed were those of the defendants at the time of their arrests.