Top 10 high school boys basketball teams in Alexandria area for week of Jan. 10
Here are the top 10 high school boys basketball teams in Central Louisiana entering the week of Jan. 10-16.
1. ASH (16-2): Noah Jonker averaged 24.3 points and 7.7 rebounds on 71.1 percent shooting as the Trojans’ won the Rebel Roundball Classic at Teurlings Catholic. Last week: No. 2.
2. Natchitoches Central (12-3): Dalyn Davis and Justin Aaron each averaged 16 points as the Chiefs are off to a 2-0 start in District 1-5A after wins over Airline and Byrd. Last week: No. 3.
3. Lakeview (19-2): The Gators were effective from 3-point range in a 56-52 win over Peabody – making 32 percent from beyond the arc. Last week: No. 4.
4. Peabody (15-4): After nearly escaping with a 65-62 against Northside, the Warhorses lost to Lakeview despite Braiden Wagner’s 18 points. Last week: No. 1.
5. Anacoco (18-9): Despite a loss to Many, Anacoco moves up a spot as it went 2-1 – highlighted by Brayden Pritchard’s nine points, eight rebounds and eight assists against Hicks. Last week: No. 6.
BOYS BASKETBALL WATCH LIST:Meet the Rapides Parish, Alexandria area boys basketball Super Six entering district play
LAST WEEK'S BOYS BASKETBALL RANKINGS:Top 10 high school boys basketball teams in Alexandria area for week of Jan. 3
6. Many (7-3): JaWarren Cade sparked the Tigers’ 3-1 week with 25 points in a 58-49 against Leesville. Last week: No. 8.
7. Northwood (12-6): The Gators started the week with Omarion Layssard and Jeigh Lee each scoring 20 points in a win against Bastrop, but ended it with losses to Bolton and Avoyelles. Last week: No. 5.
8. Hornbeck (18-3): Brady Alexander scored 28 points against East Beauregard as the Hornets went 2-0 last week and move up a spot. Last week: No. 9.
9. Simpson (14-6): The Broncos’ loss to Florien drops it two spots this week, but they regrouped with a 72-33 win over Harrisonburg Jan. 6. Last week: No. 7.
10. Calvin (19-1): The Cougars allowed just 37.5 points per game last week in wins over Caldwell Parish and LaSalle. Last week: No. 10.